Friday, October 31, 2014

With Awesomeness

This is my friend Molly.


She is my for real biological sister and she is awesome!! She is married to a very special man and they have 2 daughters and 2 sons.

Quentin and Molly
Zoe, Bridget, Molly, Elijah, and Quentin. (Mian's picture can't be on the internet yet)
 My favorite thing about their home is the smell of coffee that always hits you at the door. Their whole family loves coffee, and if I visit in the afternoon I will usually see Molly with her hands wrapped around a warm mug enjoying quiet time while her youngest son naps. It is during this time, when her heart and mind are still, that ideas come to her in waves. Some are big and some are small, but all are filtered through prayer and the leadership God has provided through her husband. Philippians 2:13 says," For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." God working in Molly both to will and to do of  His good pleasure is an awesome thing to behold. Sometimes it looks like a beautiful baby sling and matching nursing cover for a new mom. Sometimes it looks like a delicious meal for a neighbor. Sometimes it looks like a real live rescue for children in need. (She is a Foster mom) Sometimes it looks like a decorating plan for her decor challenged sister. Sometimes is looks like one service in church a week because you work Children's Church Sunday morning and Awana on Wednesday night. Sometimes it looks like a cool homemade slipcover for your worn out couch, or three wire basket lights hanging over a round table. Sometimes it looks like staying up until 1:00am with your college daughter and getting up at 6:00am with your 2 year old son.  The list truly is endless as God's imagination is limitless.

Baby bedding designed and sewn for her niece.
Stunning slipcover made by her.
A quiet place to listen to God.
Chair she designed that was purchased for the set of the television show, One Tree Hill.
Elijah 
Can't get enough of babies. 
Rehearsal dinner for my son Jeremy. Batman theme done well thanks to her fabulous ideas.
Loving on Anna at graduation party
True Super Heroes for VBS
No real reason, I just love this picture of her and my friend Soula.
 To be an awesome person, you have to be a broken and yielded person. Molly recognizes her frailty and sits each day at the feet of the God of the Universe and asks for His help. It is such an impressive thing to witness and guess what? He shows up (not bodily, don't get scared) in the hundreds of ideas that are His hands and feet. As Molly's sister I am so thankful she is willing to share. I love my home and each room has something in it that Molly helped to decorate. I love my church and each Sunday has people in it that Molly and her family help make welcome. I love my daughter and every month she lives at Molly's house is financially a blessing for her. I love my nieces and nephews who have Molly for a mother, and I love Quentin who has Molly for a wife and helper. She is the very best kind of awesome friend.


At Jeremy's wedding

Me, Molly, our Grandmother Lorraine and our cousin Alissa 
My sentiments exactly. 
 If our awesome God is working in you, but you aren't listening. Ask Him to make you like Molly, my sister, and Flood your life.


Can I get an Amen?
ps. Molly has a blog called The Industrial Cottage Inc. You won't want to miss it. It's awesome!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment