Monday, October 13, 2014

With Sweetness

This is my friend Daniel. We call her Dee for short.


 She is married to my sister-in-law's brother, so that makes us family as well. We also share nieces and nephews and get to attend the same church. I love that I get to see a lot of my family every week. Dee's husband Doug is a firefighter and they have three children.

They all love the beach and hanging out together. 

I like my face! (oh how I love this boy)

 The first time I met Dee, I was impressed by two things. Her very small size, and her sweet heart. Doug is a giant of a man, and Dee is tiny like a fairy princess. She speaks quietly and carefully except when she is on stage in front of a crowd. It is then that you will see a funny, talented, and brave Dee.

Doug and Dee

Here is a link to the actress Dee. Cookie for VBS

 She volunteers to help whenever there is a need. She listens and is pleasant in her manner and temperament. She paints Indian and Moroccan style art, and loves to make homemade gifts for Christmas. Her three children are so interesting. They each have a good mix of giant and fairy with lots of personality cultivated in love. The overall tone in their home is artistic and sweet.

an original by Daniel
 The Bible says in Proverbs 16 verse 24 that pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. I have known Dee for a long time and this is the thing about her that stands out the most. I almost never hear her say an unkind word about anyone. This deep sweetness that comes from within, is honey to the souls of others. I am blessed each time we are together and also left wanting to be near her more. Friends like to hear sweet things from each other. It is easy to get in the habit of always reporting non sweet things.  Our world is full of harshness and ugliness. Dee finds a way to see rainbows in the rain, and connects to others by letting the love of Christ spill out of her mouth. If you have not had a good day, week, or year with your words to others, take time this week to be like Daniel, and Flood your life with sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment