Friday, October 31, 2014

With Caution

This is my final post of the 31 day writing challenge! I will be honest with you, I am glad it is over. Not because I didn't enjoy writing about all my friends, but because it is a lot of pressure to write something every day. I am a procrastinator. I was up late most nights finishing at the last minute. I am so tired. I feel for all you college students out there who have to write papers every day. It is work.

I feel like I just finished my first half marathon of writing. Thank you for cheering for me. 
 I did learn some things though. When I started I wanted to make Proverbs 18:24 come alive for you. It says, "A man that hath friends must show himself friendly, and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." I showed you time and time again, through examples, how to be a good friend. I also wanted you to meet the Friend that sticks closer than a brother. I pray this happened for you as you read. I wanted to thank you all for reading. You were so encouraging and I really appreciate it.

My husband was also a huge source of encouragement to me for this month. He put up with a lot of dirty dishes and unfolded laundry. He read every post and kept me on track.  Thanks hon. xoxo
Lastly, I wanted to share that I approached this challenge, and my subject matter, with caution. I wasn't sure if I would hurt feelings by only choosing 30 of my friends. God has been very generous to me, and I have many more friends than the ones I wrote about. I purposely didn't write about any of my kids, my husband, or my grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I didn't write about my amazing neighbors, past and present, or many of my church friends whom I love very much. I didn't include the godly men who are my friends, or my "adopted" kids from Tallwood or Regent. I haven't shared my foreign exchange students with you, or my hundreds of babies and toddlers. In short, don't be sad if I didn't write about you this time. I have lots of days open in the future, and if the Lord tarries, I might just get around to your story too. Until then, I hope you will reach out to the special people God has given to you for friends, and Flood your life.

3 comments:

  1. Good job, Amy! Thanks for being a wonderful example of friendship with everyone you encounter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked forward to your post everyday….and not just to see what day I might fall on….
    Everyday was well written and thought out! Well done Amy-love so very proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys so much. I really did enjoy writing it. Now to think of something else to write about..... Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete