Wednesday, October 8, 2014

With Sensitivity

This is my friend Rachelen.
Her late in life gift from God

Her husband is a law professor at Regent University and they have  five outstanding children. (one of them I am especially partial to because she is my daughter-in-law) That makes us monsters-in-law and very dear friends.
That was then
This is now

Louis and Rachelen

Love
 Rachelen is sensitive. The definition of the word sensitive is: quick to detect or respond to slight changes, signals, or influences, and when referring to behavior: having or displaying a quick and delicate appreciation of others' feelings. This God-given personality trait has been so so helpful in our friendship. Not only is Rachelen sensitive to others, but she is sensitive to the Holy Spirit's promptings in her life. She pays attention when the Lord shows her who or what to pray for, minister to, or stay away from. Mr. Knightly in the book Emma, by Jane Austin, says, "I never hear better sense from anyone than Robert Martin." I feel like this about Rachelen. Because we attend the same church and our kids are married, we get to see each other often. We like to go to Costco together and shop for our ever eating families. We both enjoy talking. We talk over, around, and through each other, but somehow I come away having learned something. In age and spiritual maturity she is my superior, and I treasure the time we get to spend together. She is my Robert Martin. I have heard her mention on occasion that she listens to Bible sermons almost daily and multiple in number. Her sensitivity to the word of God has made her lovely.
Rachelen's friend Helen now lives with Jesus. She cared for her during her fight with ovarian cancer. 
 In friendships the word sensitive can often mean something negative. "Oh she is just so sensitive!", or "We can't tell her anything because it will hurt her feelings." If you have a friend whom you could say this about or feel this about, I challenge you to look deeper. Perhaps they are kind, thoughtful, and not as rude as you. (haha)


 True sensitivity, when paired with Spirit fullness, can be a remarkable gift in a friend. If you don't have it, and need it, I will post Rachelen's email at the the bottom of this page. (Just kidding) Instead, I will pray God gives you a sensitive friend like mine to Flood your life.



Rachelen also has a blog that is very well written. It is deep in spiritual insight and you will learn something if you take the time to read and process it. See link below.
The Joy of Dirty Windows











No comments:

Post a Comment