Sunday, October 12, 2014

With Drama

This is my friend Molly.


 She is related to me by marriage. Her sister Lori is married to my Brother. We share nieces and nephews, and I am in love with her precocious son Zeke. She is married to one of the nicest men you will ever meet, Dana. Before you get worried and wonder why I chose the word drama to describe my friend, let me clarify the definition for you. Drama is a play for theater, radio or television. It can also mean an exciting, emotional, or unexpected series of events or set of circumstances. In Molly's case it is both. I had the privilege of watching Molly grow up and she almost hung herself several times. It was not on purpose, it was while playing. It was exciting and unexpected. Each time she was rescued, we all thanked the Lord for His protection. Fast forward several years and you have a wedding on the horizon. God sends Dana, the aforementioned knight in shining armor in to the drama that is Molly's life. She had been planning her wedding for many years. It was going to be huge with an impressive dress and tons of decorations. (look out pinterest) Dana's orders got changed,( he is in the United States Navy) and they ended up getting married on Catalina Island with mostly family and a simple gown. Fast forward nine months later to when Zeke was born. Molly's labor and delivery was long and hard and very scary actually. It was emotional and full of dramatic circumstances. Her body endured a lot of trama, before she could hold her precious baby boy. Today, Molly is a rare gift in a friend. Many things in her "play" of life didn't go as she expected, but she quickly switched gears and allowed God to make something beautiful out of each scene. Look at her wedding pictures! I don't think you could have asked for anything more perfect for her.

Dana and Molly

See I told you! Gorgeous!!

Sisters




Mom and Dad

Reception

 This is her Zeke. I wish I had words to tell you how cute he is. He is smart, funny and tells me often that he loves me.

That face!

Growing big

Molly's own little drama personified. Oh the cuteness!

 What does all this have to do with friendship? Drama comes in to everyone's life in some way or another. You can choose to freak out and be dissatisfied with how your life turned out, or you can be like Molly and accept God's rewriting of your script as perfect. Molly is much younger than me, but I learned from her to rest in the drama, and Flood your life with friends who can do likewise.


No comments:

Post a Comment