Thursday, October 9, 2014

With Encouragement

This is my friend anonymous. She is married to a wonderful man whom I love very much. They just got married around this time last year, and won the prize in my wedding book for the best venue. It was set in beautiful Cape Charles, Virginia. She made her guests each feel so special because she is encouraging.

Gorgeous Rehearsal Dinner

I loved the houses we all stayed in. 

Magical

Wedding took place here just before sunset.
Breathtaking
 Everyone she meets is immediately drawn to her smile, and when she speaks, your heart is happy.  Encouragement can mean different things, but I am talking about the action of giving someone support, and hope. My friend embodies that, and I am so thankful God chose her to be part of my life. Friends need encouragement when they are trying new things, suffering in any way, or just living in a world where sin abounds. We all get tired and have days when we could use a pick me up. Coffee is a great help, but I would rather spend a few moments with my inspiring, motivating, and fortifying friend.

 She has two sisters, and all three of the girls love to play sports/games.  Being the middle child, my friend, who is athletic, likes to win. Her sisters do too. Someone has to lose when you have three talented and competitive girls all trying their best to outdo each other. Although sometimes she does win, my favorite thing to watch is when she doesn't. She will congratulate the victor and find something wonderful to say about how hard they tried. She will be the first to tell others how well they did and is perfectly content to let them be honored. (She might however work really hard and beat them the next time.) haha   In her awesome family she is the hope, the smile, and the motivator of good things. Perhaps today you are feeling discouraged. Find a friend who will not only encourage you to joy, but like my "anonymous" will offer support, think of others before herself,  and lead you to a hope in Jesus. Better yet, be that friend and Flood your life.

My family enjoying her wedding. We loved every second of it.



ps. If you know my friend, please refrain from saying her name in the comments. xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh I too love this friend of yours. She is just like you have described. She makes me want to try harder. She has my love. Chris

    ReplyDelete