Monday, October 6, 2014

With Peace

This is my friend Sarah. She is the daughter of my friend Soula whom you will meet later. She is probably my youngest friend to be featured this month, and I can't wait for you to meet her.

Photos done by Luke Rieke at www.lukeriekecreative.com


She is married and has three adorable children. Two live here on earth and one lives in heaven. (Evie Caris) I have known her since she was a child and watched as she grew into a beautiful woman full of peace. Her husband Josh is like one of my own kids, (you will meet his mom later as well) and works in a local hospital as a nurse anesthetist.
Baby Jocelyn was born in September and is doing well.
Big brother Micah

 Sarah survived infant loss, Josh's medical school, raising a toddler and having another baby without losing her mind. Whenever I am near her I feel calm. She has been through a raging storm, and the God of the Universe met her and gave her peace. One day I was visiting her home for just a moment to drop something off. She was outside working in the yard while her 3 year old played on the swing set. Her sweet baby girl had gone to heaven a few months earlier and she was carrying on with life. She asked me how my day was going? I said that it was pretty crazy and shared that I was very concerned about a matter that had me all worked up. She stopped what she was doing and said, "Could I pray with you about it right now?" I nodded. What proceeded out of her mouth was one of the most special prayers anyone had ever prayed for me. She asked for God to give me peace, to calm my fears, to comfort me, and to bless the rest of my day. Tears welled up in my eyes because I knew God had heard her. I honestly had never had a friend stop and pray with me right in the middle of sharing my struggles. It was life changing. I have been a Christian for many years, and I wondered why on earth  I had never done this before with my friends. (I mean I had prayed for them later, or with them in groups, but not right when they needed help.) It meant so much to me, and the peace of God that passes all understanding filled my soul. I was reminded freshly that God was in control of my current situation and there was no need for worry.

Josh and Sarah
Sarah taught me a valuable lesson that day. Often friends will come to you with troubles. They might share deep issues that you could never help them fix, or they might share small struggles that seem simple to you. You can't possibly meet all the needs of the people God has put in her life, but you can pray to Someone who can. Peace, for the believer, is only a whisper away and we need to point those we love to the right source. October is infant loss month and you will find Sarah wearing a blue and pink ribbon in remembrance. She also has an invaluable blog that reaches hundreds of woman who have suffered the same loss. If you or someone you know has endured heartbreak and needs some help, you won't be sorry you read or shared it. (www.lifeandgrace.com) Thank you Sarah for being such a dear friend to everyone God has placed in your path. To all the rest of you out in the crazy, wild, harsh, busy, screaming world, seek peace and Flood your life.

In addition to being a daughter of peace, Sarah makes beautiful cakes for special occasions. She made this winner for my daughter-in-laws bridal shower. It was just as delicious as it looks.



ps. Sarah is also writing for the 31 day challenge. Her posts are very well written and you will love them. They are also located at the following link. www.lifeandgrace.com

1 comment:

  1. The pains of death surrounded me, and the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me; I found trouble and sorrow. Then I called upon the name of the Lord: O Lord, I implore You, deliver my soul!"
    Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yes, our God is merciful. The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me.
    Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
    Psalm 116:3-7

    Not to [me], Lord, but to Your name be the glory.

    ReplyDelete