Friday, October 31, 2014

With Newness

This is my friend Rochelle.


Her husband is in the United States Navy, and they have two beautiful daughters.

Rochelle and Erick

Sophia

Emma 

 Throughout my life I have known a lot of people that I would call acquaintances, but I love when they become friends. Rochelle is like that for me. We have known of each other for several years, but just recently have grown close. It's like that new pair of boots you have been wanting for a long time and finally get to purchase and wear in the Fall. She is sarcastic and funny, with a dash of melancholy, and a mass of gorgeous curly hair. She is an excellent mother, and I really enjoy hanging our with her kids because they behave. She is hardy and strong, as a good military wife should be, and she takes great care of her family when her husband is deployed. My favorite thing about her is her desire to please God each day, even though the Christian walk is fairly new to her. She is growing in her relationship with Him and volunteers at our church and reaches out to others.


Getting ready to go meet Daddy after an 8 month deployment.
Such sweet girls

At Chad's graduation party

 I love to watch as the Lord gently makes friends with His "new" children. He desires a deep relationship with us, and begins to build that the moment we accept Him as our Saviour. He has called Rochelle and she has answered. He is daily providing for her, calming her, guiding her, and showing to her that He can be trusted. It has changed her. She is blooming under His loving care into a daughter of the King.


Are you able to do this with your new friends? Not be God to them, but seek them out, come along side and pull with them through this harsh world; to connect through serving. God has made such wonderful provision for women in the form of girlfriends, but at some point all your friends are new. It can be hard to put yourself out there. Not everyone will want to be with you. They might even think you are weird. Trust me, the Lord understands. He is patient and so must you be. Relationships take time to build. Don't give up, because the only thing we get to take with us when we die are the people God has rescued and placed in our path. I am so blessed to have Rochelle for my new friend. It is worth all the smiles, waves, pleasantries and hugs. She reached back and is such a gift to me. Be brave, think "new" and Flood your life.

Friends Forever

 Don't you want to be my friend too?








No comments:

Post a Comment