Sunday, October 19, 2014

With Comfort

This is my comfort friend Brandi.

Her Mummy

 You know that favorite food that you always come back to after a hard day or week? Well Brandi is like that for me. She is my chips and salsa of friends, or if you live in the south, my mac and cheese. I know I can always come back to her and be cheered up, prayed for, shopped with, and laughed at.

I have seen this face many times throughout the years. Usually when she saw my outfit for the day. :)

We have been friends for whatever 42 minus 14 years is. We met as teenagers because our dads worked together. Her family moved in to a neighborhood near ours, so we got to hang out pretty often. She would come for dinner every payday because that is when we would have tacos and mint chocolate chip ice cream. We had sleepovers regularly, and enjoyed old movies, small kittens, and scaring her mom. Her family was always kind to me and treated me like one of their own kids. Her mom took us out to lunch often (A&W specifically), and her dad took me flying and for rides in his shiny Corvette.
Her dad with her daughter Megan

 I could write pages and pages of stories that wouldn't make sense to anyone but us. We have secret jokes, wise sayings, and a history that is steeped in Stan Freeburg, Princess Bride, Young Frankenstein and falling down. If I ever feel betrayed, lost, sad, or forgotten, I can always give her a call and instantly feel comfort. She is perhaps the easiest friend for me to write about because I know her the best.

Posing with my son Chad

Besties

at the George W. Bush Presidential Libray

Gotta love Texas


 She has three colorful children and a steady, calm, and protective husband. Their home is open, cozy, and comfortable. It is sprinkled with tasteful souvenirs from England (Brandi's other love besides old movies), and on arrival feels a bit like you actually visited the country. Her dream is to someday marry a royal, but she is pretty happy with Mark for now. (ha ha) Her love of all things Texas is present too. It manifests itself more on her person than in her decor; big hair, big jewelry, and a big love for BBQ to name a few. She is also a good actress and has done some great home town theater. I think I may see her on Broadway one day. I can't even think of her without smiling. She has been a true comfort in my life, and I love her a million pairs of Kate Spade sunglasses.

Brandi and Mark
Jake's graduation
Visiting us
Megan now
Gracie
Traveling

In 2 Corinthians chapter 1, verses 3 and 4 it says, "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of all mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." Brandi has been helped by God and then used that help to be a comfort to others. (Specifically a comfort to me for many many years of friendship) I pray you have a comfort friend too. The Lord Jesus Christ is the best comfort friend and second to Him is the earthly friends he puts in our lives to help us along the way. Find His comfort, be a comfort, and Flood your life.

ps. Brandi has a fun blog at the following link: Deep thoughts from a blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment