Friday, October 24, 2014

With Steadiness

This is my friend Gina.


 She lives a few streets away from me, and we have gone to the same church for many years. She has a son, a married daughter, a son-in-law, a grandchild, and a faithful husband who is serving in the United States Navy.

Bill and Gina
Son Billy
Daughter Amanda
Amanda, Evan, and Christian
We worked together last year as babysitters for a Mom's Day Out group at our church, and this year we are working together in a Good News Club at a local elementary school. Gina is a one in a million friend. If I have an idea and she thinks it is a good one, she will get behind me and help. She is the Robin to my Batman, the Steven to my Nacho.

You will help me!! ha ha. 
 Whenever I get nervous, crazy or tired, Gina is there to keep things steady. She quietly goes behind me picking up the mess and making it look planned. She is dependable, reliable, and someone I lean on often. She has a quiet strength about her, that I know comes from the Lord. Her family knows they can trust her to have their backs. Steady to weather each storm life sends, steady to do what needs to be done, and steady to rely on God to show her the tasks for each day. Sometimes being friends with me can be exhausting because I like attention. Gina is content without that. She serves the Lord just for His pleasure and no one else. She has an amazing life story as well, and you can read more about her at this link. 

Tim Hawkins show
I wanted to write about her during this challenge so you could cheer for her and all your special friends that do the same for you. Unsung heroes who make being friends seem easy. The people God has placed in your life are there for a reason. Humans need friends. God created you to be His friend. What kind of friend will you be to others and to Him? Are you steady like my Gina, or are you proud and selfish sometimes like me? Each day we get to choose. Make it good, and Flood your life.

I love that our daughters are friends
Anna, Amanda, and Michelle.
Friends
ps. The wedding photos were taken by Luke Rieke. You can see more of his work here. 

pps. Gina has a really nice blog called Clay in the Potter's hands. Her husband also takes beautiful pictures, and you can see some of his work on her posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment