Thursday, October 16, 2014

With Diligence

This is my friend Lynnette.

 
 I could write pages and pages of all the things we have done together. We met when we were very young wives and have known each other for about 23 years. Lynnette has 4 children all of whom I love like my own. I was present at each of their births, and we raised our babies together. We grew up alongside the kids, and I can't think of our friendship without thankfulness.

Lynnette and her wonderful husband Marty


The whole gang
 Lynnette could talk me in to anything because she always made hard things look easy. She was diligent in her desire to learn new skills and is now proficient at many. She can turn the dust of your food pantry in to a culinary masterpiece. (trust me I know!) She can plan a family vacation on less money than it takes to buy that new outfit you always wanted, and she is a miracle worker with new babies and new mothers. Right now she is currently homeschooling three of her four children, (the oldest is in college)  while working part time as a postpartum doula. Women all over the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Portsmouth have benefited from her wealth of knowledge. Her gift is diligently training new mothers to care for their infants while taking time to heal from the birthing process.

Twins are her favorite
 Sometimes people call me the baby whisperer, but I learned most of what I know from Lynnette. Once I cooked something super delicious out of leftover nothings and guess who coached me over the phone, Lynnette. Sometimes I just need motivation to keep doing the right things for the Lord every day. Who do I call to go for a walk or a quick lunch date? Lynnette. Our lives are busy now and we don't get to see each other as much as we used too, but we make up for lost time by having years of memories to look back on. It makes the time we do get to spend together meaningful and sweet.

From diapers to graduation, Lynnette has always been there for me. 

Do you have a diligent friend? Someone who shows care and conscientiousness in their work and friendships? That is what it takes to be good at something. Diligently ask the Lord to help you, and Flood your life.

Max loves her too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment